|What is your team’s experience with Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SAFe, etc.)?
||Identifies key personnel for Agile team roles and skillsets.
- Project team is defined with cross- functional representation i.e. Scrum Master, Product Owner, Development Team (Web, database, etc.), UI/UX designers, testers, etc.
- Experience and Credentials of Scrum Master, Product Owner (CSM/CSP, CSPO, etc.)
- The individual team members that will carry out the project can be present for individual interviews
- Plans for how the Team focus on identifying daily hurdles and having these obstacles removed quickly by the Scrum Master
|What is your approach for estimation and capacity planning?
||Process in place to predict capacity during sprint planning and ensure sprint delivery commitments.
- Relative estimation approaches (e.g. story points) for vague/broad requirements
- Velocity determination as requirements are broken down
|How do you break down work into manageable user stories and tasks?
||Dives further into the roles on the team, specifically the technical roles.
- Identifies the technical personnel who are responsible for scoping user stories and setting technical direction. Is the technical direction being set by junior or senior personnel?
|Describe an ideal work week
||Framework and rules of engagement to ensure development team is working as efficiently as possible.
- Description of communication channels from product owner/ stakeholder to development team and vice versa
- Further elaboration of daily scrum/ standup meetings- technologies used, format, timing.
|How do you measure performance and effectiveness?
||Framework for capturing product metrics (e.g. effectiveness, quality, sprint / product Burndown/Burnup charts, etc.).
- What success looks like on similar Agile Projects. Request for examples from specific projects.
- What kind of reports / dashboards will be generated
- Sample measures in relation to Story Cycle Time, Velocity, Defect Density, test statistics, etc.
- How customer meetings would be conducted, plain status reports or contain insights and learning from the retrospectives. Request for sample reports to evaluate.
|What approaches do you use for continuous process improvement?
||Mechanisms in place for effective retrospectives / Lessons Learned sessions.
- Measures of velocity to set higher targets for improvements
- Review work process at the end each sprint and take corrective actions