The content, collaborators, and consensus to accelerate Federal emerging technology innovation.
What is TechRadar?
We are closely tracking and sharing key emerging technologies relevant to our nation’s competitiveness, our agency’s charge as a Governmentwide leader in technology, and our careful consideration for our work and environment. We hope that TechRadar becomes a collaboration medium and platform that gives our audience the tools to maximize realized value from current IT assets and identify new solutions to emerging challenges. Users will be presented with key information about a key technology area, including:
- Vetted summaries of core technology capabilities
- Current usage, points of contact, and approval status
- Business areas in which the technology might have applicability
- Links to recommended further reading resources
Within a given key technology area, some of the questions our platform seeks to answer are:
- How do I unlock the assets we already possess to stay abreast and ahead of potential competitors and market disruption?
- Is an off-the-shelf solution the right approach, or should we develop a custom, in-house solution? Or is the answer somewhere in-between?
- Will this technology help me consolidate existing tools, reduce overhead, and/or realize other efficiencies?
- How might this technology help spur further innovation across the agency or business line?
- TechRadar is not intended to be another unidirectional, information-sharing website, but serve as an interactive, collaborative platform that evolves and improves as users recommend key technology areas, share use cases, and engage with colleagues considering or already using these technologies.
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) is GSA’s champion for the adoption and implementation of emerging tools and technologies. As technology evangelists, we strive to openly share information about cutting-edge solutions. TechRadar provides GSA IT and its customers with the industry’s strategic pulse regarding emerging IT tools, technologies, and processes. This information is presented to facilitate stakeholder decision-making in pursuit of business value and alignment with current and planned GSA IT practices. We created TechRadar for all of us at GSA to gain and share insights into technology focus areas - all in one convenient platform.
How Can I Contribute?
We invite you to comprehend deeply, connect widely, and collaborate greatly. TechRadar is an all-in-one space for Federal innovators like you to assess emerging technologies critical to our nation’s competitiveness and our work, align with past, present, or prospective efforts to reduce duplication and spur innovation, and act with insight and synergy.
Stakeholder-driven development is important to us, and we want your feedback! We are an agile team that is always releasing new features, fixing bugs, and making improvements to TechRadar. What would you like us to work on next? Share with us at email@example.com.
We need the United States and we need its partners to remain the world’s innovative leaders and standard setters, to ensure that universal rights and democratic values remain at the center of all the innovation that’s to come, and that it delivers real benefits in people’s lives.
— U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken